Monday, April 13, 2015

Vinyl repair - driver's footwell area

There's a patch of vinyl down by the driver's footwell on the side of the transmission hump. It had a couple of spots that had long since cracked and broken off. It was designed to keep the driver's shoe from wearing down the carpeting, but since mine had exposed vinyl edges, my foot would catch on it.

I had bought some vinyl repair for two tiny tears in the seat. The kit allows you to mix pretty much any colour you can think of. So I thought that I might as well tackle this repair as well.

State of the vinyl area when I acquired the car 15+ years ago
With backing material for the vinyl patch
With vinyl patch applied
While not pretty to look at up close, most would never see it, but now there's no challenge with my foot getting caught on the exposed vinyl edges.

No comments:

Post a Comment