Monday, April 13, 2015

Paintless dent repair

Lately, we've been taking the roadster down to Point Roberts on the weekends. You park on the lawn, and also enjoy afternoon refreshments on the deck a few steps away. So inevitably, I would spend hours looking at the imperfections in the paint on my car.

Hard to see from this pic, but the driver's door had 3-4 small door dings, and one very noticeable one, under the door handle.

 You can certainly see the big one on this photo, but you'd need to be in person to see the other ones.

The passenger side was less obvious, but you can see one high up above the crease in the door. There were a few smaller ones, and one up on the front fender.

I went to a local shop called Dent King, and I am thrilled with the outcome! The technician uses long steel rods and goes in through the drain holes in the door to work out the door dings from the inside.

I wish I had done this 15 years ago. Here's some pics from this past weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment